Hector Z. Oropeza
Hector Z. Oropeza is the founding owner of Oropeza Law Firm, PLLC. Mr. Oropeza’s personal injury practice is concentrated in the areas of medical malpractice, automobile accidents, pedestrian accidents, products liability, and other personal injury accidents. Mr. Oropeza’s criminal defense practice is concentrated, but not limited to, DUI/DWI, driving with a suspended license, Civil Protection Orders, Peace Orders, Possession, CDS Possession and Assault.
Mr. Oropeza has been listed on the Continental Who’s Who Registry of National Business Leaders and is a member of the Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia (“HBA-DC”), Maryland State Bar Association (“MSBA”), and the Bar Association of the District of Columbia (“BADC”). Mr. Oropeza also serves as a Good Samaritan Advocate at Covenant Life Church in Gaithersburg, MD. As a Good Samaritan Advocate he represents indigent members of Montgomery County who have various legal needs for free. Mr. Oropeza also acts as an Appointed Attorney in Montgomery County and Baltimore City where he advocates for the rights of indigent defendants in their Bail Hearings before Judicial Officers.
After law school, Mr. Oropeza worked at Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson, LLP for two years. At Fried Frank, Mr. Oropeza structured and reorganized hedge funds and private equity funds, filed Quarterly and Annual Reports, and incorporated many entities in different jurisdictions. While at Fried Frank, Mr. Oropeza also fought for the rights of Guantanamo Bay Detainees Pro Bono.
Prior to the Oropeza Law Firm, PLLC, Mr. Oropeza was a partner at Castro & Oropeza Law Firm, PLLC. for six years. Prior to Castro & Oropeza Law Firm, PLLC., Mr. Oropeza worked as an associate at Cohen & Cohen, P.C. and as Vice President of Legal Affairs for Capital Reporting Company.
Mr. Oropeza spent much of his career advocating for the rights of the underrepresented and unrepresented and looks forward to advocating for the rights and interests of his clients.
– B.S., cum laude, Florida State University, 1992
– M.B.A., Florida State University, 1997
– LL.M., Securities and Financial Regulation, Georgetown University, 2000
– United States Supreme Court
– United States Court of Appeals, Second, Seventh & Eleventh Circuits
– United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
– United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
– United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
– United States District Court, District of Colorado
– The Florida Bar
– Certified Mediator in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
– Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator